Friday, May 29, 2009

Training Camp

So we haven't even left for India yet, and this trip has been absolutely amazing. Even if we saw absolutely nothing happen in India (which I am confident won't be the case) the past few days have made this trip completely worth it. I have never experienced such a constant, driven focus on God, because we're all here for the same purposes. The girls on my team are absolutely wonderful... we're all very different but we were without a doubt brought together for a reason. I've seen so many ways God has been preparing me for this experience through this past year, things I never would have guessed would have any significance in India. At times I've doubted how much control God really does have over my life, but this trip is completely in His hands. The people I've met here truly inspire me, and I can't wait to see the ways God is going to continue allowing me to grow... I can only imagine considering the amazing ways He has shown Himself to me in just 2 days! What would it be like if I lived my life this focused on Him everyday, with the support of such a sincere body of believers? 
While this time at training camp has been absolutely amazing I know that there will rough times, and that satan will definitely attack when we leave this support system, so please pray for each of the girls on my team, that we can remain close and grounded in the Lord. God has shown me over and over this week that He has such amazing things planned for me through this summer, and no matter what we do while in India, whether it's just learning about another culture and promoting awareness when we return, whether it's working in orphanages, or whether it's simply building each other up, this experience is a total blessing... yes, I will be blessing others, but I will absolutely be blessed as well. 

8 comments:

  1. yay! i am so glad you are blogging! i'm also glad you love training camp. intense, eh? well i cannot wait to hear about your trip and live vicariously through you haha. praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!!!!!!It was wonderful to hear from you via this blog!!!!!! We totally concur with you....GOD HAS HAD THIS PLANNED !!! The fact that you are even there is absolute confirmation for me!!!! We love you so much, and you are so much a part of our thoughts and prayers!!! We all love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH.....did I mention that we love you!!!!!!!???????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are anxiously awaiting word of your arrival in India.

    We just came home from Austin's Stagestruck performance. He had rehearsal today, but it was his first in three weeks, and he was a little edgy about how it would go. It was really very good!

    Much love to you and your teammates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS so much for the phone call!!!!!! KNOWING YOU ARE REALLY THERE is a HUGE BLESSING!!!!!

    MUCH LOVE!!! and many a prayer is being prayed for YOU and your new life-space compadres!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I'm assuming from mom's previous comment that you have arrived in India! I can't wait for your next blog so we can find out how things are going and whether you had any good adventures outside the airport in Belgium!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aubrey lou-
    loving you and missing you- so glad to hear (vicariously, through mom's comments, which I'm not sure she knows the whole world can read) that you made it to india...
    we're continuing to keep you in our prayers- and i'm practically living on skype, waiting for you to log on.
    xoxoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha Ria you should probably stop living on skype since we don't have it here... so sorry!

    ReplyDelete