Tuesday, February 10, 2009

so I'm going to India

Growing up I always knew I would do youth in mission. I just assumed I would go somewhere with a beach when I was younger though, because I mean really, who doesn't want to go to the beach? Then as I got older I feel in love with the Spanish language, and was just sure that I would go somewhere taht spoke Spanish, and come back fluent (and maybe get to go to the beach at the same time). But that wasn't what God had planned for me. As I began filling out my Youth In Mission application multiple things kept drawing me towards India. This came as somewhat of a shock, since India had never before even been a consideration. But I just couldn't get past it, so India became my number one choice, and that's where I got accepted! At the time I applied I still wasn't really sure why I was supposed to go to India, and I know I still can't even comprehend the things God has planned for me, but more and more I know I'm headed to the right place. We didn't know what we would actually be doing in our respective sites until we had already been accepted to them, but each thing at this site seems to be tailored to my passions. It will be very hands on, and I will even get to work in a medical clinic! I can't wait to see the way God is going to use my teammates and me during these two months!
I probably won't write on here much until it gets closer to my departure time, but thank you to anyone who reads this for your support and prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. Aubrey,
    I am so nervous about what in the world Austin has posted for me....please cut me some slack....I see that my photo has an unusual likeness to someone else I know!!! PLEASE pray for Austin and Miriam who have been so mean to me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I put the last comment in the wrong place...oh well...you know how I am. We missed you again today, but we are so proud of your courage in exploring what is so unknown to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey,
    I somehow have managed to make my comments on your first post!!
    I am still trying to figure this out, and Austin likes to give me grief over not knowing what is going on here....so I am continuing to practice until I get it right!!!! I am thinking that you are still in a rather intense time of training, and since I read Caylee's entry from earlier in the week, I am thinking you have NO blogging time!!!
    We love you, and are thinking of you often!!

    ReplyDelete