Monday, August 2, 2010

more than enough

Well it’s once again been far too long since I’ve blogged for how much I have to say, but I think today I’ll break it down into days. This way, if you become too fatigued, you can take a rest between days.
First, because this does not fit into any particular day, I would like to tell my mother that she would hardly recognize me... I have become obsessively clean. Like I can’t leave my room without it being completely straight, my suitcase entirely organized, and my blanket folded. Get up off the floor momma. Strange things just happen to me in India.
I think quizas I left off last Wednesday, but my quizas reminded me of another story that just needs to be told before I even get into what’s happened since I last blogged. The work and witness team consisted of a very diverse mixture of people, one who happened to be named Eva... Kingsley called her the naughty filipino. I think I may have talked about her in my last blog, but come to find out, while she was trying to invite everyone to the church dedication, she was inviting them in Spanish! Which she doesn’t even really know, but tries to know. Bless her heart.
Wednesday- I had been looking forward to CDC, as I do everyday, and just as I was about to get ready for it Kingsley’s dad told me to be ready in 15 minutes because we were going to Trichy... over an hour later we left, and I was less than pleased. But it really turned out to be wonderful, mostly because it allowed me to really interact with Kingsley and his family, especially Sweety, who is just extremely shy! She was telling me that at her college a lot of professors will come from other countries and teach courses for just 1 month, then go home... I like this. More thoughts on that when I get home.
Thursday- The teachers at the CDC decided they wanted to take me shopping, but Regina goes to school during the day, so it would have to be on Saturday. They were too afraid to ask Kingsley, so I told them I would ask them, which they found to be”so so so bold”. They then insisted I come up with a plan that instant, so I did (mostly it consisted of a long drawn out please and slightly flirty eyes), but then they decided it must be carried out immediately. Since Kingsley wasn’t home we called him on Regina’s phone (resulting in a lack of flirty eyes) and he said yes, but he needed to talk to Regina 1st. I handed her the phone, which she promptly threw in Deepa’s lap and ran from the building... I don’t know why these women are so scared of that man! A plan was drawn up, but due to factors that I’m not altogether aware of, but may have something to do with the fact that Regina went to dance class instead of coming to teach the next day, I never went shopping with them. Oh well, the planning was delightful, and there’s nothing I really need in India that I do not already have! Side note: my plane ticket to Mumbai has finally been secured as of about 5 minutes ago... I’ve been working on it since the day I got here, but due to Indian’s complete disregard of timeliness, it was impossible to get Kingsley to purchase it til today. This has resulted in a dramatic increase in price, but life goes on, and money is just money, and will be acquired again.
Back to Thursday... I must have looked extremely hungry in the morning, because I was given 4 pieces of French toast, at least 4 eggs, a glass of whole milk and sugar sprinkled with tea double the normal size, and a pancake thing bigger than my plate with vegetable sauce. For dinner, since my lunch had been similar in size, I asked if I could just have crackers and peanut butter, to which I thought Kingsley’s father responded yes, but perhaps I was wrong, because he then brought out a special treat for me... a mcdonalds “hamburger” loaded with mayo, cheese, and fried chicken, at least 20 dark meat chicken nuggets, and fries. But you know, I just ate it, and praised the Lord that eating here is just so different, so wonderful, and something I actually enjoy... maybe some of you know what I’m talking about, maybe you don’t, but this in itself is one of the biggest freedoms and blessings India has to offer.
Friday- Kingsley finally came home... he had been mia for multiple days, but he came back finally, and he hugged me!! With no prompting!! I really miss touch here...
Mother, just to let you know, we have found someone who loses more things than I do.
Saturday- I don’t say a lot about days here, because to the average person they’re just so not exciting, and probably would make people think I’m lonely or something, but the greatest thing is, I’m just not... They are so FULL of relationship, a relationship I far to often neglect in America, because I can get direct responses from anyone around me at any moment I desire, but here, He truly is my BEST friend, and he DOES respond... He is my greatest distraction. I’ve been reading Romans,Peter, Luke, “Follow Me to Freedom”, and the Mark of the Lion Series, and the ways they all correspond with one another and enhance the reading of the other has just been so beautiful... not to mention the amazing peace I’ve been given about where I am in my life, the plans God has for me in my current job, my major, my relationships... God has placed me where I am for a reason I absolutely CANNOT deny! I just cannot express to you what a blessing this has been... PLEASE ask me about this when I get home, there’s so much I want to say to each one of you, so much truth God has spoken into my heart!
Saturday evening we had martial arts, during which I was called back to the house just to drink tea, but I wish I had not returned... basically it was an Indian disaster... It started off humorous and ended just entirely uncomfortable due to my flexibility and the instructor’s fasicnation with it.
Sunday- I was so blessed to be able to preach at a church that we painted last year with Beyonce... it’s now decorated beautifully, with a Santa Clause mask hanging directly above the podium.
I spoke on the hope that I have, living out of that hope, and accountability with others in our journey... probably other stuff too, but the Spirit was so faithful, and really just let the words flow.
But really, I think I may have been preaching to myself just as much as the Indian people, to see them worshipping and praying, their hope is just so evident...
Sunday was honestly kind of hard though in the afternoon, because I really missed my Sunday dinner time, and community in general. But then Kingsley and I started talking, and he suggested we watch the church service online of the work and witness team and my dear friends Tiffany and Dan... I first I wasn’t particularly excited about it, but I’m so glad we did!! I got to hear Tiffany play a flute duet, and it was such a wonderful service, and amazing to hear the team’s views on India related back to the church in America. Apparently after I left (the team stayed for 3 more days) about 20 kids were saved... and to think that I was questioning the team... I still wonder how the children will be discipled, but I know transformation has to start somewhere, and God is bigger than anything I can imagine... please pray for these kids though.
Also, one of the songs they played has kind of been my song for the trip... “You’re more than enough for me, Jesus you’re all I need, You hold my world in your hands...” Coincidence? Probably not.
Well you should probably go take rest now... Not sure if I’ll get to blog again before I get home, since I don’t know what my computer situation will be in Mumbai, but I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Aubrey!!!

    That was a lot for even me, but I did read every word, and I do hope that I remember enough of them to ask the questions that came to my mind as I read!!

    It has been wonderful to have more email, but your blogs speak so much more of your spiritual insights to all that happens, and I LOVE to hear that from your India-side-perspective!!!!

    You are loved, and thank GOD, you are coming home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete